Shawn L Cotter, L.S.
2716 County Road #47
Canandaigua, NY 14424
(585) 394-0036, ext. 8
Scheduled (subject to change) 2023 Calendar - Monthly Every 4th Monday @ 7:00 PM
- December 14 (Thursday/date change)
Term Members & Expirations
ONE ALTERNATE POSITION IS AVAILABLE....Please contact Town Clerk Denise Hood if interested.
Members all serve a Seven Year Term.
2022 Salary: Annual Stipend $200 + Each meeting attended as a voting PB member $80
Average meetings per year 11-12 *
Average Meeting time 1-3 hours, depending on agenda items.
- Planning Board Chairman, James Bator. Term Expiration 12/31/2025
- Planning Board Member, Phil Bassage. Term Expiration 12/31/2026
- Planning Board Member, Ryan Bruzda. Term Expiration 12/31/2027
- Planning Board Member, Mark Curran. Term Expiration 12/31/2028
- Planning Board Member, Sylvia Moore. Term Expiration 12/31/2029
- Planning Board Member, Nick Sergeant. Term Expiration 12/31/2024
- Planning Board Member, Allan M. Wesche. Term Expiration 12/31/2023
- Planning Board Member, Duane LaPlant. Planning Board Alternate
Agendas, Minutes, and Public Hearing Notices
Minutes are not posted until final approval has been made by Planning Board.
Prior Year Minutes
Ontario County Planning Board
Vacancy - Town Representative for Ontario County Planning Board - Term Expiration 4/17/2024
The Ontario County Planning Board reviews certain zoning and planning actions prior to the final decision made at the village, town, or city level and makes a recommendation to the municipality. Although CPB review is required, the action is advisory in nature and can be overridden at the local level (super majority if a denial).
NYS law spells out the types of actions reviewed by the CPB:
- Adoption or amendment of zoning regulations (text and/or map)
- Site plan approvals
- Special use permits
- "Any special permit, exception, or other special authorization which a board of appeals, planning board or legislative body is authorized to issue under the provisions of any zoning ordinance"
NYS law specifies that CPB is required for the above actions to occur on real property lying within a distance of 500 feet from any: boundary of any city, village, or town boundary of any existing or proposed county or state park or other recreation area, right-of-way of any existing or proposed county or state parkway, thruway, expressway, road or highway, existing or proposed right-of-way of any stream or drainage channel owned by the county or for which the county has established channel lines existing or proposed boundary of any county or state owned land on which a public building or institution is situated.
Membership consists of one representative from each of the 16 towns and 2 cities selected by the town board or city council and formally appointed by the Board of Supervisors for terms of 5 years. Members representing a town, also represent any village(s) located with the town.